Data Scientst / Big Data Engineer
Permanent (CDD – CDI)
Remuneration: depending on experience
Presans is hiring a highly motivated Data Scientist to contribute to the machine learning/data mining tools it develops, first, to automate the discovery of experts, but also to improve user experience and to provide feedback on its internal processes’ performance.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess an extensive experience in the conception and implementation of Big Data Applications, ranging from harvesting/storage/extraction of data to analysis/prediction of information, together with visualization techniques.
Examples of current projects are: automatic extraction of data from web-pages or PDFs, categorization of scientifc publications by domain or by type, grouping of experts by similarity, re-ranking of search engine’s results, etc.
JOINING PRESANS MEANS
• Building the future of work in an extraordinary startup;
• Combining excellence and impertinence;
• Mixing grey hairs and young hackers;
• Working in a huge creative community of entrepreneurs;
• Being open-minded, loving to think & being challenged;
• Loving urban exploration (especially underground ?).
• Gather requirements from other developers & end-users.
• Imagine & propose machine learning/data mining solutions.
• Design, implement, test & document solutions.
• Maintain & improve solutions over time.
• Design clean and effcient APIs to interact with Back/Front-Ends.
• Report to operatives & end-users.
• Engineer or PhD in Data Mining/Machine Learning.
• Strong coding experience (Java, R/Python…).
• Experience with ML/DM tools (Weka/SparkML,Caret/Scikit, TensorFlow…).
• Knowledge in data storage (ElasticSearch, PostGreSQL…).
• Working in agile team (peer-reviewing, CD/CI…).
• Experience with versioning systems (Git, SVN).
Would be a plus:
• Skills in web scraping (Norconex…).
• Microservices architecture (Docker…)